Saturday, November 6, 2010

Polished - The Crockett & Jones Alex

A version of a wholecut made on the 348 Last - Crockett & Jones' longest and most Italianate last - the Alex is much like the Edgware, but pared back to it's cleanest and most elegant line.

This pair was specially ordered by a young gent getting married in a fortnight, and I figured a polish is the least I could do to have them dinner suit ready. Along with a bespoke square end bow tie I produced, I really feel that I have invested some effort into making sure he looks the part on his big day. And there is something extremely satisfying about that.

2 comments:

  1. Bravo, Ethan - that's a fantastic gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethan, while I have not read your blog thoroughly, I must ask what you do and where you are based, as that is a terrific polish that you provided!

    -Justin, The Shoe Snob

    ReplyDelete